ad

Monday, June 21, 2010

Interesting Offseason To Say The Least

The announcement came and went and Utah fans had their moment to gloat, brag, and be their arrogant selves. This description includes myself. I have relatives and friends that are BYU fans and I was unforgiving in my "we are better than you" reveling. But a funny thing happened as I was tossing digs at every turn, the majority of BYU fans want to continue the rivalry. I don't get it.
If the position were reversed and BYU had joined an AQ conference I would not want anything to do with them. As far as I am concerned, that team jumped for the money, (which I don't blame them), but I would leave them for another quality AQ team and go about my business playing for a great season and potential BCS game.

Scheduling BYU does nothing for Utah other than continue the rivalry. The only team to benefit from the match up is BYU. Playing now a BCS opponent with a huge chip on their shoulder, feeling slighted they were not invited to an AQ conference, the Holy War sideshow, and an opportunity to show that they were the deserving team and not Utah.
Utah receives nothing in return. Tradition must go out the window here. I can't think of any reason to play BYU now. If you think that now we are a PAC-10 school automatically gives us a victory over MWC teams, you need to put the crack pipe down and step away from the table. BYU is going to do everything they can to ruin the Utes season, but this would happen in September, and that should be unacceptable. BYU feels like they have been disrespected and if you don't think that makes them a dangerous team feel free to ask Alabama about it.

Utah thought about themselves when they made the jump to the PAC-10, they need to continue to do so in scheduling teams that can't hurt them for reasons other than play on the field.

I told you that I was going to update you on my progress golfing. I played last Friday at Gladstan Golf Course in Payson, Utah. It was very disappointing and I shot a 101, +29. That sucked but I did strike the ball better. I played Sunday at Wasatch Mountain State Park Golf Course, (my favorite), and shot a 90, +18. Much better and I forgot to change something with my driver until the back nine which really pleased me. Back to the driving range to continue to improve.

Sorry about the changes to the look of the blog, I am still trying to get it just right and I am still not happy with the look. Keep checking in.

1 comment:

  1. You make it sound like Utah would be afraid to play BYU every year which is pure B.S. The rivalry will continue and it will probably be competitive for a while, at least until Utah's program elevates itself even more at which point Utah will pound BYU basically every season. Should be fun to watch
    ps - your pic of Rice Eccles makes the stadium look tiny, all you can see is the old south end. Maybe update that - just a suggestion.

    ReplyDelete