ad

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Coincidence.....I Think Not!

Terence Cody At Combine Weigh In.
Terence (Mount) Cody failed his conditioning test as a rookie for the Baltimore Ravens. Listed at 6'6" 350 lbs. it is understandable that he is not the most cut player on the team, but for a second round pick, you would think that he would put in the effort to be in better shape coming into camp.
Andre Smith 40 Yard Dash
What I find interesting is that Andre Smith OT for the Bengals had similar issues coming into camp his rookie year (2009), albeit later due to contract negotiations. Smith missed all but one week of camp and then hurt is foot the second day he was there and missed 10 games of the season. He also missed OTA's this spring with follow up surgery on his broken foot.
So there you have it, two huge men who have come from SEC powerhouse Alabama under Nick Saban falling on there face once they have signed their millionaire contracts. Smiths contract - $42 million with $21 million guaranteed. Cody's contract - $3.385 million with $1.5 million guaranteed. Now I don't know about you but if it was up to me, I think that I would do whatever I had to do to justify an NFL team investing that kind of cash on my ass. But that's just me.

The thing that I question is the character of these kids and how did they ever get through college? From what I have seen of them is they worked their butts off playing college football, signed their deals, and now they can sit back and do the bare minimum to make earn their money on the highest level letting owners, fans, and fellow players down in the process.
You are probably wondering why I would waste my time on such a topic......well..... it still stems from the 2008 Sugar Bowl and the cocky arrogance of Saban and Alabama players. Every time I get an opportunity to knock Saban or one of the Alabama players I take full advantage of it. Remember LB Antoine Caldwell telling Stevenson Sylvester that he was going to kill him? Check it out.
Caldwell threatening Utes after coin toss

No comments:

Post a Comment